by BUCKFEVERUNDERGROUND1.DIE SOMBER WOU 04:372.BURNING TALKING BUSH 03:233.FLIGHT TO JOBURG 04:584.GELUK 03:455.TAKE ME TO THE MALL 02:016.7.KLAWER 03:388.BAT DOGS 02:349.RED-WINGED STARLINGS 02:5510.UNFORTUNATE OF FUCKED-UP 04:4711.TREINREIS 11:1412.HERE WE GO 02:0913.WAAR IS OUMA 07:0214.OVAMBOLAND NOONDAY BLUES 02:38released 01 August 2012
by the BUCKFEVER UNDERGROUND
1.Ek & Jy 03:262.3.Psalms & Gesange 03:564.When the Light Goes 05:215.Lewenslied 02:406.Die Woord 06:557.Die Wortel Van Kwaad 03:398.9.Ons Maak Onsself Dood 04:3510.She 06:1311.
Immediate download of 12-track album in your choice of MP3 320, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire.
extensive scans of cover art and lyric sheets plus free hidden bonus track from unreleased album
__________________________________________________________________1.Sing Jy Van Bomme 02:072.Ek Is My Dilemma 01:303.Sing Jy Van Bomme 02:094.Is Jy ‘n Moegoe 02:075.A Zebra In Paris 02:016.Sloper 01:587.Delilah (free) 01:588.Breed Like Rats 02:209.Wil Ons Oorlewe 04:0410.Tsafendas 05:2511.‘n Bietje Dom 01:5212.Cowboy 02:3413.Vlermuis 04:0914.15.16.Too Heavy To Rise 01:26
- Three big things happened to me in 1987: I returned to South Africa after a year of touring myKalahari Surfers band in the UK, I met my wife and I saw a band called Koos. They were, for me, the only South African band that fitted in with the work I was doing with Recommended Records and the political climate of the time. I saw them play at “The Pool CLub” and later again at “The Black Sun” in Johannesburg.They performed with incredible intensity combining theatre, art and music with punk sensibility, and best of all using the Afrikaans language which the best expressed , in my opinion, the peculiar zeitgeist of the 80′s. Not only the South African 80′s but the global cold war 80′s. Like German, Afrikaans has an angst that grabs the soul.
I approached them about recording and brought them into the Shifty Studio* one Sunday morning where most of their tracks were laid down live. Shifty had already begun recording some of the Afrikaans punk bands like Gereformeerde Blues Band and Bernoldus Niemand. KOOS were different though:they fitted somewhere outside of the light entertainment market. It was hard.
I think of the Brecht quote “Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it.”Essentially a live studio album, it was recorded straight onto a Fostex B16 and digital SonyPCM ( the first digital recorder on the market).
The recording was released as a cassette tape in a brown paper bag stamped with the word “KOOS”.
Some months later, I recorded one of their performances live at the Black Sun, from which 2 bonus tracks appear here
Here, then ,is the KOOS cassette packaged for CD reissue and now for MP3 release through Sjambok. As they say “Oud maar nog nie koud”
Warrick Sony -
Kalahari Surfers www.kalaharisurfers.co.zaLloyd Ross and I ran a small mobile studio called “Shifty” which was situated in a derelict mining village South West of the city of Johannesburg.
Check out the Shifty Records website:
I will be uploading their releases here shortly.
- released 06 June 1986
- album name
by ILL HUMAN NATI GETUIES1.Warning 03:082.Exploitation 03:443.Runaway Slave 03:344.Return of the Fallen 03:53
all tracks by composed by DMUS and MANIAK
1.Inrugting 01:542.Rare-Hop 02:563.die Boodskap 04:204.Warning 03:085.Een uit tien 04:166.Uit ge vriet 03:417.Rot Reis 03:308.Kaaprikaanse Aliens 04:489.Air time 03:1710.Onbewustelik 01:4411.
- Maniak & D.Mus
- released 12 June 2010
P&C all rights Maniak & D.Mus
- Hip hop Cape Town
This is the song that was composed by Coke Kartel and recorded and produced by the Surfers for Jam Sandwhich TV project.It is now available for downloadat “Smells Like Teen Prison Food”
Van Coke Kartel is Francois Van Coke, Wynand Myburgh Jason Oosthuizen en Jed Kossew.
1.2.Beetle 02:093.Desperately 03:094.Captain McKenzie 01:445.Hie Os Weer 03:056.Ou Kleine Jannie 02:487.Moonbeams 02:298.Maanskyn 02:039.Blikkie Se Boom 01:4410.Ek Het ‘n Bra 02:4311.Ja So Waar 02:1312.Mr Mac Plays On 01:0413.Do It Right 03:0714.Off Side (hidden) 04:20
- At a time when the youth of Britian were rediscovering the fun and liveliness of 60′s Jamaican Ska, and bands like Madness and the Specials were riding a wave of popularity, the Genuines decided to do a re-introduce early “Goema” music of the Cape to a younger audience. Largely ignored and undiscovered this album has to rate as one of the finest South African fusion albums ever.
- Listen in full fidelity to tracks from this album. Digitally remastered and available for download for the first time ever in Flac or high quality MP3 formats.
- Samuel “Mr Mac” McKenzie (1924-1990) played banjo for over 50 years and was one of the last wave of the true exponents of “Goema” music of the people of Cape Town.
- The magic of Mr Macs Banjo was part of the Cape’s musical scene for over 5 decades. This album combines the traditional Goema tunes with the razor sharp performances of his son’s band
- “The Genuines” . .
- Samuel “Mr Mac” McKenzie: banjo
Gerald “Mac”McKenzie: Bass,Vocals
Hilton Schilder: Keyboards, Percussion, vocals
Gerard O’Brien: guitar
Ian Herman: Drums
recorded at Shifty Studio July to October 1987
produced and engineered by Lloyd Ross
c&p Shifty Records
cover by Sarah Hills
photos by Peter McKenzie and Lloyd Ross
126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.9.Koos : Sing Jy Van Bomme 02:0710.11.Die Kerels – Slang 04:1112.Koos – Cowboy 02:36
- album name
- This is the legit download of the original vinyl album from Shifty Records.
- released 12 January 1986
all songs produced and engineered by Lloyd Ross except
Jong Dames Dinamiek , Cowboy & Sing Jy Van Bomme by Warrick Sony
Voelvry was produced and engineered by Lloyd and Warrickphotos by Paul Weinberg
1.Ontug In Die Lug 03:192.Elmarie 03:443.Swart Transvaal 05:084.Voedsel Vergiftiging 03:215.Lalie 03:316.Bar Op De Aar 03:577.Valerie 02:438.Vêr Van Die Ou Kalahari 02:439.Coca Cola Nooi 05:1010.Lady Van Die Bo Dorp 06:3911.Boer In Beton 19:5712.Toilet Poem (free) (hidden) 01:45
Immediate download of 12-track album in your choice of 320k mp3, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire. Album download includes rare photos and cover scans as well as an unreleased hidden track “Toilet Poem” from the same session.
- VER VAN DIE OU KALAHARI
All tracks were recorded live onto two tracks at Shifty Studio in May 1987. I wanted the atmosphere of the recording to be just like the demo of these songs that Andre had sent me. So when he came up from Cape Town to do the recordings, I pointed him to the microphone, switched on the tape recorder and went and drank tea for an hour and a half. Apart from the kak quality raps that were taken from that original cassette, what you have in your hands is what happened in that fateful session, puisies and all.
The Producer, Lloyd RossAll songs published by Shifty Music (ZA)
The front cover is a combination of images from paintings by Walter Meyer as composited by Petra Dammrose. Thanks Walter!
Original recording licensed from Shifty Records.
- released 05 May 1987
Slashing their way out of the Nationalist Party ideology, the GBB charted the wide open spaces of a new Afrikaner rebellion. This time the insurrection was a musical one, with the GBB as rock & roll outlaws slinging guitars and stinging criticism against the laager mentality of volks kultuur and the apartheid way of life. Moving conventional rock into the realm of political theatre and satire as successfully as they did proved that if the GBB were to be seen as cultural upstarts, they were upstarts with a vision both innovative and lucid that could not be ignored.1.Sit Dit Af 04:542.Tronk 05:543.Liefde 03:254.Ossewa 03:555.Hillbrow 04:036.Donker Donker Land 06:157.Energie 03:338.BMW 06:309.Ou Ou Lied Van Afrika. 05:4610.Ry 04:29
- * Johannes Kerkorrel – vocals, keyboards
* Willem “Meneer Volume” Möller – guitar
* Gary “Piet Pers” Herselman – bass
* Jannie “Hanepoot” van Tonder – drums, tromboneAdditional musicians* Antoinette Butler – voice on “Sit Dit Af”
* Ian Herman – drums
* Louis Tros – synths, acoustic guitar
* Shaun Naidoo – synths
* Warrick Sony – finger cymbals
_______________________________All tracks written by Johannes Kerkorrel, unless otherwise noted.1. “Sit Dit Af” – 4:52
2. “Tronk” – 5:51
3. “Liefde” – 3:23
4. “Ossewa” – 3:54
5. “Hillbrow” – 4:00
6. “Donker Donker Land” – 6:15
7. “Energie” – 3:30
8. “BMW” (Kerkorrel, Daggadirk Uys, Andre le Toit) – 6:28
9. “Ou Ou Lied Van Afrika” (Mariaan de Jong) – 5.45
1.Boksberg Bommer 03:012.East Rand Blues 03:00
- This song was written before Gerrie Coetzee’s defence of the WBA boxing championship. Bernoldus went along to the weigh in and gave Gerrie the single hoping he’d play it before the match. He didn’t and was consequently knocked out.
- released 12 January 1984
Bernoldus – voice guitar
Lloyd Ross – bass, producer, photos
Warrick Sony- drums
1.Hou My Vas Korporaal 02:472.Welcome To My Car 03:583.Marie Ferrari 03:344.Die Boksburg Bommer 03:015.Snor City 04:286.East Rand Blues 03:007.My Broken Heart 02:098.Visse 02:469.Tribute To Jody 03:2110.Reggae Vibes Is Cool 06:36
- released 02 February 1985
1.Letter To The Lonely One 08:172.The Curator 09:203.The South African 06:394.5.I’m On Facebook Now What 04:336.Teen Maandag Is Ons Dood 05:277.Aids Test 04:248.Die Volk Is In Die Kak 05:369.
Immediate download of 12-track album in your choice of MP3 320, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire.album purchase gets you all the scans from original CD plus 2 secret hidden BFU tracks
Buy Now $7 USD or more
released 05 October 2008